Sunday, September 02, 2012

Untitled

Untitled seems to be the best title of this post. I had a good day of meditative thinking today. I flew to one of my favorite hangouts at the Atlanta airport; a little alcove in Terminal T near the top of the escalators leading down to the "Plane Train." Here I can watch airplanes come and go at gate T8. Ironically, it's a quiet place to think amongst the bustle of the world's busiest airport, all with a fabulous view of those majestic Delta ships. I also wandered around the rest of the airport taking in all of the aircraft and feeling the mixed, often negative emotions yet strange attachment of being associated with this company. I've certainly been transported to so many literal and figurative destinations on those gleaming white ships and it's an adventure that only seems to be just beginning. Later, suspended in the sky on my way back to Pittsburgh, I observed the raw power and beauty of a line of late summer thunderstorms... At that moment, I felt peace, contentment, and a wonder for the future. Childhood memories and dreams of airplanes and the deep, limitless sky fuse with recent adventures in aviation and the airline industry along with my present day hopes and dreams. Here, everything aligns and a serenity takes hold of me. The opportunity finally presents itself to plan and clarify my near term plan of action: 1.) Although not the most desirable setup, I am at peace with my current work arrangement. In fact, I even manage to have fun sometimes. Additionally, it is relatively flexible and gives me the opportunity to travel. If the opportunity presents itself, I will improve my career lot, but there is no hurry. 2.) I must finish my instrument rating. I know I can, I just need to sit down and study more. I can do it. 3.) I must finalize my "DC-3 Spacecraft" plans as much as possible. If I cannot build this dream ship, I should advocate it in writing and work to surround myself with the resources to realize it.

No comments: